Each year, Samaritan House is able to provide additional food as well as holiday toys to families in need during the months of November and December. Thank you to our wonderful volunteers and staff for all their hard work in helping us make this happen and bringing smiles to so many faces.
Some highlights to come out of the holiday program this past year:
- November Food Distribution: special food distributions serving 839 families. This in addition to the meals and groceries we provide every day from our San Mateo kitchens, pantries, and shelter.
- December Food Figures: We were able to distribute over $9,000 worth of Safeway gift cards to families.
- Toy Shoppe: 894 households selected toys for 1,946 children to brighten their holiday.
- One Warm Coat Program: Around 500 new and gently used coats were distributed to clients to keep them warm through the long winter months.
- Family Sharing Program: An estimated $55,000 in food and gifts were delivered to 163 families and seniors.
All of this was made possible with the help of our community and the 2,759 volunteers who came together to donate an amazing 5,538 hours of service!
Our holiday program is truly an illustration of our motto of “neighbor helping neighbor”. Thank you and we look forward to seeing all of our donors, community partners, and volunteers again next year!
Check out our holiday highlights video: